It was agreed that this group would form the management team and other residents would join as they came on board. We talked through different areas of the estate and people who were known to be growing in specific spaces.
The United St Saviours funding was discussed and its purpose was agreed:
- Form a cohesive collaborative group of growers on the estate
- Support and encourage existing and new growers
- Meet monthly
- Set up and encourage community composting
- Proactively plan sustainability of the group
- Hold a Harvest Celebration event in September
- It was agreed that we would have a stall on Saturday 8th July – Peace Day at Tabard Gardens to let people know about Tabard Growers.
- We would have a kids activity and promote community composting and a map for people to say where they are growing or would like to grow.
- Invite people to the next Allotment Day 22nd July
Peter Balazs, Jo Dubiel, Deidre McGale, Martin Dixon, Jonathan Sedgwick, Sally Scantlebury
Thanks to everyone who came along to the Tabard Community Day on the allotments – we had fun!
Hello! we are organising a community day for everyone involved in growing on Tabard Gardens Estate to meet and get to know each other and share ideas.
Come along with food to share and meet your fellow growers!
Thanks to everyone who came along to help on our monthly work day. We made big progress on cleaning out the fruit cage and pruning the raspberry, blackberry and blackcurrant bushes.
People who came included Ibrahim and family,Nicky, MaryLou, Brandon, Bev, Tanya, Jo, Scott, Ty and Martin.
On a wild and wet Sunday afternoon a small group of residents met with Jonathan and Sally from St George the Martyr and Julia from BOST to think about how we might bring together all the different people growing food and plants on the Tabard Gardens Estate, here in London, SE1..
As a result we are planning a community gathering of everyone who is interested in growing food and plants on Easter Monday (17th April) at the allotments on Manciple Street.
So keep the date free and check back here for more details nearer the time.